Managing Change, Conflict and Employee Communications: The Management Course
Department leaders must be able to successfully manage these 3 C's to lead organizations forward. Receive a complete leadership perspective.
Develop your advanced leadership skill-set in change leadership, conflict management and employee communications. W hether you are a division manager, director or vice president, the new face of business has changed
many aspects of your day-to-day management. Staff are being reorganized, business strategies are changing and there is an increased sense of urgency to produce.
Be more effective in your leadership position with concrete business strategies for managing three key areas: business change initiatives; internal and external conflicts; and effective communication of new business strategies.
SEEC Learning Path Program
Enquire as to how this short program or any other regular series short program (2-5 days in duration) can become a Learning Path complementary program. CAll 416.736-5079 and ask to speak to a Senior Education Adviser today.
The Best Part:
You will be completing a professional action plan on a case study. This will relate the topics discussed to real life situations at work.
Who Should Attend
This course is ideal for businesses and public sector departments charting a strategic new course. It will give you a clear understanding as to where change and conflict start. It will provide concrete techniques to diminish your staff's fear of the change and reduce the conflict through specific communication techniques. It is perfect for:
- Department VP's, directors and senior managers who are currently
responsible for overseeing new change mandates
- Managers, supervisors and project leaders who manage large departments or implement business strategies
- Regional, national and international business managers
- HR, training and employee communications specialists
- Public sector department managers
- Business administration, operations and customer service leaders
- Front-line managers faced with business transition
What You Will Learn
- Learn how change leadership, conflict management and employee
communications relate and impact results
- Evaluate your own change leadership style and master conflict resolution and negotiation techniques to handle any business issue
- Improve your communication approach as to ensure employees effectively achieve new business goals
- Work through a professional action plan to show how to manage current change challenges in your department or across the organization
You will also master these critical leadership competencies:
- Examine how change is a constant driver. How do you deal with change? How to manage yourself and your employees through change?
- How do you deal with conflict? What and when conflict management techniques work best?
- Become a master communicator during conflict and change.
- Become a more sophisticated manager and change facilitator when faced with highly challenging business issues
Developing Your Capacity to Lead Business Transitions
- Where does change come from and how to manage it
- How do effective leaders tackle change?
- What types of resistance to change can managers expect?
- Successful change leadership approaches
Improving Your Management Scope and Perspective of Change
- Your change-leadership style
- How you personally deal with change
- How can I help myself?
- How can I help others work through change?
Professional Action Planner: What Needs Changing in your Business Environment – Defining the Benefit
Identifying How Conflicts Occur
- How conflicts rob your business and erodes employee performance
- Conflict resolution fundamentals for leaders
- Sources of conflict in our business and personal life
- Conflict self-assessment: how do I respond to emotional drivers of conflict?
Developing Your Conflict Leadership Approach
- Conflict management styles that highly effective managers use
- How to adapt your style to different situations
- Self-management techniques: how can I help myself work through conflict?
- Employee management: how can I help others work through conflict?
Professional Action Planner: Analyzing a 'Real' Conflict Challenge with Resolutions
How Highly Effective Leaders Communicate
- Communication strategies to improve performance: delegation audit, negotiation techniques, influencing strategies
- Self-assessment of your natural communication style
- Personal exercise: what are my communications strengths and weaknesses?
- How can I help others communicate better with me?
A Complete Learning Approach
Evaluate your own approaches and attitudes towards change and what to do about them.
Through a conflict self-assessment, learn how to better handle any type of internal or external conflict.
Hands-on exercises to teach you management communication techniques.
Return to work with a management action planner, which can be used for action steps to realize immediate results you are targeting.
Gladys has strong leadership ability and has managed her project teams with a positive and supportive approach. She has worked with a diversified client base as corporate instructor and project manager for more than 20 years.
Gladys has delivered more than 300 courses and programs and is certificated in Telecommunication Management and e-CRM (Customer Relationship Management). She has her Project Management Professional (PMP) designation by Project Management Institute (PMI®>. Gladys also has her trainer certificate in DiSC ™, a “situational” profile system, as well as the “Profile Evaluation” personality system (PES®).