Employee Engagement and Strategic Leadership: The Manager's Course
Advanced leadership, engagement and motivational techniques that deliver to your bottom-line – a top-rated program.
Motivate and engage your people to achieve extraordinary results in their careers.
If you direct a growing workforce, it is imperative to develop the leadership skills that exceptional managers use to motivate and engage staff to achieve performance levels that they might not have thought possible. This program teaches managers, directors and vice presidents how to use leadership techniques that engage employees to contribute more, adapt quickly to everyday change and stress and maintain highly productive working relationships.
The Best Part
The Leadership Assessment Survey allows you to evaluate various current working relationships with staff and your own bosses, and apply new productivity-building techniques immediately into your workplace.
Who Should Attend
- Vice-presidents, directors and divisional managers
- Experienced managers with at least five years experience
- Human resources trainers and organization development specialists
- Senior managers from sales, IT, operations, manufacturing and finance
What You Will Learn
- Master the principles of employee engagement to build highly productive, results-driven business teams
- Use the Employee Engagement and Leadership Assessment tool to evaluate your day-to-day management practices
- Introduce local leadership practices that involve staff and achieve higher levels of commitment
- Understand the root causes of poor performance, job stress and employee mismanagement
- Evaluate your own organization's health and resilience, plus new ways to lead
- Use engagement strategies to effectively manage projects and business teams
- Assess your own level of engagement and find news ways to engage others
- Use the processes of appreciative leadership to establish highly productive and motivated teams
- Practice appreciative leadership behaviours, including moving from C.O.N.T.R.O.L. talk to D.I.A.L.O.G.U.E. talk when solving problems
- Establish drivers to improve operating performance in small and large departments
Pre-Work Learning Results
Your Pre-Work Package
Your learning process will begin as soon as your register. You will complete a Leadership and Employee Engagement Skills Inventory in preparation for the classroom program.
This is an outstanding diagnostic tool to help you translate your learning into your own business environment.
- The key drivers of employee engagement
- The critical role of management in employee engagement
Appreciative Leadership Strategies to Actively Engage Employees and Achieve Outstanding Productivity
- Critical variables connected to employee engagement: leadership clarity, caring, fairness
- Managing in the 'real world' - What it takes to achieve productivity, emotional wellness and resilience: appreciative leadership
Appreciative Leadership Behaviours for Building a Productive and Resilient Team
- Appreciative intelligence in re-framing problems as potential solutions
- Appreciative inquiry as a problem-solving technique and way of communicating
- Building your team's self-reliance and emotional resilience to tackle stressful work assignments
Appreciative Communication and Motivation Techniques for High Performance Workplaces
- Motivation acceptances: how leadership talk affects day-to-day employee behaviour
- Communication strategies that engage staff and impact performance
- Communicating to senior management and staff
Three Types of Leadership Talk, Three Different Impacts
- C.O.N.N.E.C.T. talk: build bridges
- C.O.N.T.R.O.L. talk: provoke resistance or apathy
- D.I.A.L.O.G.U.E. talk: generate collaboration, cooperation, creativity
Strategic Engagement Practices and Self-Management: Building Supportive Work Relationships
- Integrating appreciative dialogue into the five areas of everyday management most related to sustaining employee engagement. Learn to lead appreciatively - clear, caring and fair - when:
- Increasing employee accountability and ownership
- Requesting changes in behaviours
- Managing performance
- Negotiating fair outcomes in conflict situations
Learning to Appreciate Your Situation and Yourself
Mark is a professional leadership consultant and trainer with extensive experience facilitating teams and relating to the psychology of human dynamics in the workplace. He has led major organizational change initiatives for diverse clients including GM, Sears, General Mills, CN, Domtar, North York Hospital and Concordia University. Mark has facilitated with thousands of people from assembly lines to boardrooms. He currently devotes his efforts to helping leaders and teams rise above the issues that impede creativity, productivity and growth.